Thursday, December 3, 2009

Ode to Christy by Josh Ridings

Christmas is just around the corner. I'm buying gifts for the usual suspects....Freida, the Ronster, Kevin, Heather, and my niece and nephew. But this year I want to take a little time on my blog to honor someone who I often forget helped me become the man I am today.....my sister's best friend, Christy Parker Trevett.

She knew me and accepted me even when no one else did. Even when all I did was cause her mom tons of distress because I was the world's worst chorus member. Even when the only two words I knew were, "Riiiiiight, Scott." Even when I was known only as "that guy with a lot of hair who gets really fat then really skinny over and over again." Even when I thought it was hilarious to make fun of really tiny campers in Ocean Lakes by yelling at them in the middle of the night. Even when I would lead worship in FCA and stop in the middle of a song to laugh out loud.

After all that, she encouraged and accepted me and even asked me to sing in her wedding. By the way, she married an awesome dude, Nathan.

So, here's to you, Christy Parker Trevett. Thank you for being my sister's BFF so that I could have the privilege of knowing you. You're the bomb-diggity. Merry Christmas!

(Note: Try to guess who REALLY wrote this)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to meet her. She sounds amazing.

Anonymous said...

Yes-but can the little princess pronounce 'ch'?

Anonymous said...

I'm getting a little worried that other people will try to win Christy over as their bf. Please remember, readers, that she is already taken.