Tuesday, February 3, 2009

That Offer Better Include Dental

I'm sure you all have heard that Manny Ramirez rejected the Dodgers' 1yr/$25m offer.  I mean, this is huge news - suffering in North Korea, massive slave trade in Asia, huge deficit in the US....nope, let's talk all day about Manny Ramirez.  

I don't know what you think but I am totally on his side.  Just last year Hope Point offered me a 2yr/$100m deal and I told them not to even bring that trash to the table.  They knew I was looking for at least a 4 year deal.  The nerve.  

In other dumb news John Thain, CEO of Merrill Lynch, spent $1.22m renovating his office last year as his company was tanking.  $87,000 on a rug, $1,400 on a trash can (I couldn't find a link to this without tons of bad words...apparently people are pretty upset....just google "Merrill Lynch CEO".  There is a nice list of where all the money went.)

Neither one of these dudes have a clue what normal life on earth is like.  

3 comments:

The Madden said...

Oh my gosh. If I got started right now on this topic I would be typing all day. How did you only do it in 3 paragraphs? I...I just can't. Maybe one day. I might have a coronary if I got started on those people. Thanks Josh.

(If I did post it would also be FULL of swear words. Lots of them along with many scenarios of what we should do with people like them. Most of the scenarios would include some type of torture and/or public humiliation.)

Erin/Эркинай said...

On top of that, a certain President of the United States just limited CEO's of companies that received bailout funding to $500,000 a year salary. The nerve of that guy, putting them on such a shoe string budget.

Honestly, I think they ought to be cut way down, and see how regular people live for a while, so when they get back to the top, they'll respect it a little more.

UGH! lol.

Anonymous said...

Check this out. Its a list of what $1 Trillion could buy instead of the bailout plan.

http://www.frcblog.com/2009/02/what_would_you_buy_with_a_tril.html