Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

Yesterday was a terrific Mother's Day. Being married is great for 10 million reasons but one of those is the crock pot. Jennifer cooked and baked and my parents and my sister, brother-in-law, nieces, and nephew came over. My house is no longer a frat house. It is filled with pillows and curtains and fancy plates, which is awesome. I fell like a real person. It is fantastic.

We sat around the table and talked and we reminisced about last Mother's Day. It was hard on our family b/c Heather was pregnant with Evie, who was diagnosed with HLHS, which means she only has half a heart. It was super scary but now, after 2 heart surgeries, she is a healthy, hilarious 1 year old (almost). On the way to church yesterday Heather was getting a little emotional as the thought about the past year and the following conversation ensued:

Heather: Kids, I love being your mommy. The Lord is so good to us. I love you very much. (probably with tears)

Katie Hays (who is 3): you look like a chicken nugget

Heather: Ummm, thanks?

Katie Hays: oh I wasn't talking to you, Mommy, I was talking to Evie


I love my family.



No comments: