Friday, September 5, 2008

Can't Sleep

Did you see that Gamecock game tonight? I hope not. Terrible. I made 2 huge mistakes last week: going to the USC game in Columbia and eating the lunch wing buffet at Wild Wings.

Both huge mistakes and costly. But I realized during my 28th wing that both very bad decisions were basically the same; at least the lure. You see, I've been to tons of Shamecock games and the outcome is always the same: I get super mad, spend too much money, and leave feeling sick. Even though I know this I still drive an hour and a half to sit in the 90 degree heat to watch a terrible game.

When the waitress asked me what I wanted I tried to say "chicken sandwich", I did, it almost came out. But then she said she'd throw in the tea for free and I was hooked. I've been to Wild Wings before, I've had the wing buffet before, and it is always nasty. It cost too much, and I want some fries and it makes my stomach hurt. But here's the thing.....I have never ordered anything but the wing bar when I go there. I know i'm going to hate it. I just can't resist.

So, regardless of how bad Vanderbilt makes us look on national TV, I will always pull for the Gamecocks. We haven't done well in the 27 years that I've watched them and I'm guessing we never will. I've tried so hard to change my allegiance to a UCLA or the real USC (ouch) but I just cant. I will always pull for the Gamecocks....getting super mad and feeling sick all Fall. I just can't resist.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

At 11:20 I realized it wasn't worth the loss of sleep so off to bed I went.

I'm mad, too-but mainly at myself for continuing to hope. Some folks never learn. . .

At least I didn't have the wing buffet.

The Madden said...

I have had the wing buffet and it is pretty bad. I get the feeling that all they use are leftover wings from the night before. I guess that's what you get when you eat poultry that has been sitting under a heat lamp for 4 hours. Sick. Now Wild Wing 2 for Tuesday is a different story.








Also I hate the Gamecocks...

Robby said...

We are all gluttons for punishment.

Nic said...

I also hate the gamecocks....but in a different way than you.