Thursday, September 25, 2008

iphone

To start with I feel a little bad that my blog posts aren't all deep and meaningful; about life and spiritual things...mine are pretty much dumb and pointless. I don't really feel bad, I just wonder sometimes if I should be more serious since I am a minister of music (for the last time...i'm a worship leader, geez). All my friends write long, detailed essays about the love of God or the effects of global warming and I am publishing a fake test for potential girlfriends.

On to bigger and better topics. I bought the iphone 3G the day it came out. I was one of the nerds that got to the AT&T store super early to insure I would be in the elite group of early adapters. That was an interesting group of individuals....mostly young people who, when it got closer to 8 o'clock, were approached by an old person who paid them for their spot in line. I can't wait to be so rich that I walk around paying poor, sad, college peasants to wait in long lines for me. That would work awesome at Carowinds or Blockbuster.

But I got the iphone and couldn't use it for the first day b/c itunes crashed and since then it has been a long, windey road filled with hardships and dead zones. But, alas, I think the 2 updates have fixed all of my problems. There are no longer any echoey voices, dropped calls or random black screens.

I would recommend the iphone to anyone. Not only will you look way cooler than everyone else, the phone pretty much does everything. It is my calendar, email, internet, remote for my computer, ipod.....oh yeah and I use it sometimes to make calls.

There are things you must be aware of once you get an iphone. Take heed to my commands or forever regret thy ways:

1. Do not be the guy who chooses the iphone over actual human contact: I had a party the other day and one of my friends was in the corner playing a game or something on his phone. I am pretty sure he talked to no one that night. He is showing early signs of being a World of Warcraft addict.

2. Get used to the reactions when people see your phone: Cool people will say something like, "oh neato an iphone...do you like it?" to which you finish what you are doing and hand it to them to play around with. They will enjoy it and you will get to show off all the cool features. Someone who is a turd will say something like, "Excuuuuuuuuuuuse me Mr. Fancy Pants...how much did that cost you, hummmmmmmmmm??" to which you finish what you are doing and place the iphone back in your pocket.

3. Get used to people trashing the iphone: People will feel the need to tell you how their bag phone from 1993 was the best phone they ever had and how it got way better reception than your pathetic iphone.

4. Last but no least don't be the guy that only buys apple products, has the apple sticker on his car, and walks around talking about how apple computers are far better than sad PCs. As soon as you do that the hard drive on your precious Mac will crash, you will lose everything you have worked so hard on the past 2 years, you will have to drive to Charlotte 4 times, and you will spend $280 to get the piece of junk fixed. So don't do it. Consider yourself warned.


But the iphone is worth it I promise. The best are the people who were jocking me a few months ago and now I see them walking into the AT&T store donning a fake mustache...they are fooling no one. The phone rules.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had the iPhone for 29 days and took it back. The number one reason was that it couldn't connect directly to an Astro Van.

tracEy said...

How odd is it that 2 people nowhere near you are talking about your blog and how hilarious you are, and you call one of them?

kari and i are following your every word. well reading it anyways. don't know about following you - that apparently involves weird stuff with goatmeat!