Monday, September 8, 2008

Normal, Right?

Is it weird that anytime I go out in public I run into a 9 year old that slaps me on the back and says "hey"? Meanwhile the Mom/Dad has a look of horror as to why their precious child is talking to a scary, hairy stranger.

Here's a good story: I went to Edward Jones to set up some retirement stuff (what 27 year old doesn't do that?) and the broker is a super serious dude wearing a perfectly pressed suit. I sit down in front of his desk and he's looking at my paperwork and says "Josh Ridings....Josh Ridings.....are you Coach Ridings??!" Immediately he gets a huge smile on his face and tells me all about the games his 2 daughters play at home....games that made zero sense because I made them up.

My favorite game was this: All the kids lined up on the wall and when i would say "go" they had to run across the gym to the other wall. So I would say, "1, 2, 3......GOATMEAT" and rub my stomach and tell them that's what I ate for breakfast. What a PE Teacher, huh.

Anywho, I run into these kids and their parents all the time. It is so weird and awesome. I love hearing my Edward Jones guy say "goatmeat". That made my day.

1 comment:

hope*ever said...

that is amazing. i wish you were my pe teacher so bad. i sometimes see my sub kids in public & hear "there's ms boozerrrr" all loud & pointing. it's hilarious. hope you're having a rad week so far : )