Saturday, September 6, 2008

New Band Name

Tonight Bill Z and I came up with about 700 band names. We don't like VerseChorusVerse at all so we need a new one. Since I was totally wrong about how many readers I have on this blog I decided to make y'all vote (Deb your vote counts 4 times b/c you are 4 times cooler than everyone else, Freida your vote counts -2 times b/c you don't bend your knees when you bend over....well b/c today is your birthday I'll let your vote count once, Madden your vote counts as many times as you have commented on my blog (about 1000), Robby your vote is comparable to how many kids you have (about 1000), Christy Trevitt you get to choose how many times your vote counts b/c your mom taught me how to sing and she didn't kill me in 1995 when I deserved death (I like that you are the secret reader), Nic your vote counts 25 times b/c that's how many years we've been friends (minus 4th-7th grade when I was the hugest loser ever and I had no friends....not your fault...anyone who wears purple shirts and purple swimming trunks to school everyday and speaks only in Pig Latin doesn't deserve friends), Kelley your vote counts twice because you ordered 2 entrees at Waffle House and you make me laugh, Heather I love you but I am afraid I can't allow you to vote since during our weekly game of Bible Baffle you didn't count my answer "Blessed is" to the question "what are the first 2 words of the beatitudes"....correct answer - "Blessed are" - come on , cut me some slack, but you didn't so you can't vote, and anyone else who reads - I am sorry I forgot you but the world doesn't revolve around you...just kidding. It's late, I'm tired, please forgive me. But Pleeeeeeeeeeeease vote on a band name. We need your input.

Pick your top 3:

Sometimes Y
Hey Steve
Led Zeppelin II
Led Zeppelin Also
Hello Rico
Sparkle City
Chuck Fields
Surge Protector
The Pocket
Sockem Boppers
Surf Minjas


There they are. There are only 3 that we are actually considering. If you can guess which 3 they are then you win the special prize. What is the special prize you ask? Well for the past 5 years I have been growing huge beards and shaving them off. I can't wash the hair down the sink so, of course, I have been saving the hair in a Hefty trash bag. It is almost filled. I believe with my current beard my project is now complete. Awesome, I know.

Let the voting begin!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a one-sided tale of this week's Bible Baffle. If I remember correctly an earlier question went something like this:

Josh: What is the exact name of the group of people who put Bibles in hotels?
Josh's awesome sister: Gideons?
Josh: (in nerd voice) I need the exact name please.
Heather, I mean awesome sister: Gideon Bible Association?
Josh: I'm sorry, it was Gideon Bible Society. Do not proceed forward.

I was merely trying to follow your legalistic interpretation of Bible Baffle.

Unknown said...

I vote for none of those names. How about "Rhymes with Sandwich." That would lead to a great T-shirt line, and nothing rhymes with sandwich.

Erin/Эркинай said...

I'll say Surge Protector, mainly cause we call Cru the Surge at Upstate now, and that's just cool. lol.

I don't attempt to choose the 3 you're actually considering for only one reason... I would most likely be right, and I'd hate to rob someone else of the chance to take the bag of beard hair.

Anonymous said...

A slight oversight on your part-you omitted Caspar, The Biscuit Bob Band and of course BentKnee.

The Madden said...

How about:
Socially Awkward and Proud Of It (SAPOI)
Weezer, Schmeezer
Lukewarm Springs
Nick Nuggles and the Naughty Nook
Torrential Downpour (that would only be if you were a cheesy 80's band)
Ed Hoculi

Robby said...

My vote for your band name will go as such: 1)Yammer 2)The Pet Detectives or 3)The one Kevin said about the Sandwich (Kevin is smart and you should listen to him).

That is all.

Nic said...

Here is my response that counts 25 times. I do not like any of the names listed.
I do however like Yammer (as proposed by Robbie) and the Sandwich idea that Kevin came up with...He didn't go to law school for nuthin.
I would also like to propose a third alternative...Scattered Hotdogs (you see it is close enough to the original but you throw in that "s" at the end and you avoid the copyright infringement)




I shall also point out that you forgot to close the quotations in the portion of the blog donated to me and I kept reading and got confused. Pig Latin....Gosh I miss 7th grade math class. I am sitting in a hotel room at midnight laughing hysterically because I was thinking of how you would drop your pencil 5 times a class so someone would reach over and pick it up. WOW.

The Reads said...

Were you referring to ME when you said "Deb"?? I think you should name the band RHONDA, and I' still waiting for you to write your autobiography, entitled, "You wish you had my life...the ridiculous life of Josh Ridings" and Jason and I would like to help with the chapter about Upward

Anonymous said...

I vote for Sparkle City first. Then, I vote for Led Zeppelin Also. You crack me up.

Kelley said...

yesss! i get two votes for ordering the waffle AND a patty melt! worth it.

so, i'd like to say, of your options, i prefer "Surge Protector". i do really like, "Rhymes with Sandwich" alot, though.

but what about "Igpay Atinlay"?

geek out on that retardation.

Anonymous said...

I don't ever read this blog...but somehow I found it just now and laughed my head out. I forget you're a real person...sometimes I think you were just a dream because I'm not sure if someone like you can really exist. You are the most unbelievable person on the planet because you are so random and funny...I think I used to be funnier and much happier when I was able to be around you in college. WAY TOO MUCH INFORMATION HERE.

Here's my vote: Kiddle Diddle (much better if pronounced very slowly and saying Kid as Kyid).