Thursday, May 28, 2009

Aussie Mullets

I'm pretty certain I want to go to a Hillsong United worship event every night for the rest of my life. Well, I may die - I would explode. Orrrrrr dehydrate (did some sweating last night).

It was outside. We were on the 18th row with every famous worship leader/band in America. It was weird...I was like a kid pointing and staring at people. (I am picturing myself going up to Steve Fee or Chris Tomlin's guitar player with wide eyes, tongue hanging out, and holding a HUGE circular lolly pop and not saying a word, of course.)

When the music started I began jumping around and singing at the top of my lungs and I didnt stop for 3 hours. Awesome. It was free, real worship. God was there. It was incredible. I was singing words like "I give my life to follow everything I believe in" and "the cry of my heart is to bring you praise" or "living to make your name high" and I began to beg God to make those words real.

Here I am as a worship leader in Spartanburg and I realized more than ever that it is a big deal. I have a big love for the local church. I want to travel and lead and all of that but I love Hope Point. It has shaped me into who I am over the past 6 years. I am not the same as I was in 2003. I want people to experience the realness of Jesus. I want people's lives to be changed b/c of Christ. I want people to feel the nearness of God when I am doing what God has called me to do - lead His people to worship Him.

I was floored last night. I see God moving in Spartanburg and in me and I love it. I want to see His Kingdom come to earth through the local church and I want to be a part of it (what a bold prayer). I feel a stirring deep inside my bones like God is on the brink of doing something big. I don't know what it is but all I want to do is know God more. I want to see people change through Christ.

It was great to dance and sing at the top of my lungs with my friends. I asked God to prune me, mold me, and use me to do great things for Christ. I want that so bad. Only for the glory of Jesus Christ. It was such a good night.

1 comment:

FlossieQuackenbush said...

Jer 29:11 (NIV) "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

God knows how he wants to shape and mold us. I believe God will bless your efforts and give you the desires of your heart.

Romans 8:5 Micah 6:8 Romans 8:18 1 Cor 2:9

Praise God from Whom ALL Blessing Flow!!

You pray for me-I pray for you.