Friday, May 29, 2009

Mr Rogers

I just did the most hilarious/raddest thing ever - I was the featured musician for an elementary school's art day. Springdale Elementary in Columbia has an artist appreciation day every year for the students...sculpters, painters, actors, dancers, musicians, etc....and the kids spend all day going to a class with each artist. Sooooooo, I was the musician and basically I had 35 minutes with K-5th graders all day.

It started with the kindegarteners - i'm pretty sure I scared them. But by the 4th graders we were rocking...crowd surfing, jumping, screaming the words to the songs - they were really into it. The 5th graders was a full out rock n roll show. They were nuts. I had some kids get up and rap, had the wave going on during a song, some kids were jumping off of tables and hanging on the ceiling...it was awesome.

If I had a dollar for every time a kid asked for a Taylor Swift or a Jonas Brothers song, I tell you, I would be rich. What in the world. The 2nd graders pretty much hated me....they sat completely still even during the song I wrote about the mural on the wall of 2 dolphins eating lunch together. That song was gold!

It was cool talking about church and leading worship to those little kiddies. Most groups even joined in and sang some songs with me....it was hip. I wrote songs with each group too. I wrote songs about Chick Fil A, Dolphins, riding a skateboard with Big Bird, and all of the teachers. It was great. It was the most random thing I think I have ever done and I mean that. I have the weirdest life ever.

1 comment:

Calvin at pgraphics.biz said...

HAHA I literally was laughing out loud. Hilarious post man. That is so awesome. That's an awesome opportunity to talk to the kids about worship and God.