Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Where Hast Thou Gone, 2009?

I really want to be the cool guy who blogs all the time...with interesting things I'm doing and all the cool places I've been - but I am not. It has been a month since I've blogged. You know those times when you blink and a month has passed? That has been May. I can't even tell you what has happened. I have played lots of guitar, lead tons of worship, and put about 5,000 miles on my car.

Ohhh, I haven't talked about the Spring Fling weekend - raddest weekend ever. We had T Shirts and played on huge sound systems and lots of friends came (those are all firsts for us). It was one of those moments when you say "yep, this is what I want to do forever". And I'm pretty sure God has called me to it, which works out really well. We played the Channel in Greenville and it was great. We will play there many more times in our lives. The funniest thing is the t-shirts. I like spotting the Josh Ridings tee in public. Hilarious.

But I have played the most fun/random things lately. A rainy campsite thingy in Greenwood, a baccalaureate service to 15 bored people, a camp in the middle of NO WHERE....the list goes on. But it has been great.

We have a new website rolling out this fall which i've been working on, we're recording in July (which excites me), and we've been doing lots of business stuff (press kits, photography, buying a trailor...yay!, working on spreadsheets..boo!).

Everything is going great. I have seen more of the Lord than I could've ever imagined. May has been a month of tremendous growth Spiritually. I have no idea where it's come from but I like it. The Bible has been fun, prayers have been real...choosing Christ over the flesh has given me life and peace. If you want to read some good stuff, read Romans 8. I have been begging God for big things. I want the Lord to use me. I want to know God.

In other news, I'm headed to Atlanta later for the Hillsong United show. Can't wait. It's going to be rad.

No comments: