Wednesday, April 9, 2008

This is tough

I never knew what a daunting task I was signing up for when I started a blog. I thought it was going to be all fun and games....boy was I wrong. Every night I go to bed and the horrible picture looms over me of all the millions of readers coming to this very spot only to be disappointed by old material. So let me be the bigger man and apologize. I've been busy but that is no excuse. I am a big boy and I can do it. This blog comes first; before food, before sleep, before girls (this one might be easy), before digging ditches in my back yard, before eating Thai food with 4 stars which is still burning my insides, before writing songs, before human contact, before rehearsing funny sentences in front of the mirror to see how my face looks, before agreeing to go on a blind date which is destined for failure, before playing outfield, before eating at Denny's, before taking a 4 hour nap at my parents house, before test driving Z71 Tahoes with absolutely no intention of buying one, and before making up new fake names for all my friends...this blog will prevail.

By the way which name(s) do you like the best:

Gary NightWagon
Kit CloudKicker
Raymond "Scratch" WaterHorse
Sebastian OverCoat
Randy DayTrain
CannonDale PockenPowder
Rufus ChaineyWorth
Doug MackenBrick

This is what I did all day with my good friend Willy...excuse me, Raymond WaterHorse - his friends just call him Scratch. Today is his birthday. He took the day off so he could wake up at 6 am to work out then hang out with me all day. We almost finished the ditch but we never actually made it outdoors. So, tell me which name you like best. I will bequeath a name upon you if you so desire.

2 comments:

The Madden said...

Rufus Chaneyworth. Definitely.

Emily said...

the madden. oh, um, was that not an option?