Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Doing it

I think I may have had the most fun 2 weeks ever. Here is a recap:

  • Leading worship 5 times in 5 days including Hope Point, Wofford, Upward and Ninety - Six (that is a town. It's named 96 because thats how old everyone is there and also thats the population.)
  • Going to Jason and Deb's wedding. It was awesome. I didn't know if I would know anyone at the rehearsal dinner but there were tons of people I knew there. AND the people I didn't know were awesome (Jason's friends are neat) and I know them now. A highlight of the dinner was when I asked Jason's 200 year old grandmother, who was hilarious, if I could have some honey bees. That's when she rubs her fingers on your forehead, giving you goosebumps, and making you immediately fall asleep. I got $20 from Jason's Dad for asking her.
  • Hitting 3 homers in one night. I was a man among boys that night, ladies and gentlemen. I do not hit home runs so 3 in one night is a feat. One was a grand slam. I was happy.
  • Josh Ridings Day. I lead worship at Upward every Wednesday, where I used to work. I am known for wearing flip flops, jeans, t shirts, and a hat. So last Wednesday I walk in and everyone is wearing flip flops, jeans, t shirts, and a hat. It was 7:45 am so I didnt think anything of it. I dont think that early. But the HR lady got up and announced that is was Josh Ridings day. They gave me a gift and told me how cool it is to see God using me big time. It was sooooooooooo much fun. I have the coolest life ever. No one there should like me b/c of what a punk I was when I worked there. But they love me. It was yet another reminder of how mysterious the ways of God are. I love going to Upward.
  • Ron and Frieda. I have had much more time with the Ridings lately and it makes me happy. My parents are the 2 most fun people on earth.
  • Babysitting Harlan. My nephew. He lists the things he loves when he first wakes up and I make the top 5 every time. I watched him Monday and he was asleep when I got there. So when he awoke he was surprised to see me instead of my sister coming to get him. He said, "Doggy, Sock, GUITAR" when I walked in. Top 3. (oh yeah he calls me guitar sometimes). He loves me and my Dad tons.
  • My house being painted. Yay!! I love my house. By the way, anyone is welcome to come see it anytime and tell me how awesome it is.
  • New Subs at Hope Point. Those are the speakers that make the low noise. Anyone who sits in the front 3 rows is in for a surprise now. They will be rocked.
  • Writing songs. I wrote 2 songs tonight with my good friend J Crowe and I think they're pretty good. I like writing songs with 2 people and J Crowe is one of those people. Shag is the other.
  • Lowering the temperature 1 degree in my house. It used to be 71 and now it's 70. That's Fahrenheit. It feels delicious in here.
  • Playing paintball. I haven't played paintball in 15 years. I playing with Jason and his friends from Chicago and Indiana before the wedding and it was AWESOME. I didn't know the beauty of hitting someone over and over with a ball of paint. I loved it. Running around, shooting people, yelling, twisting ankles, eating pizza, sweating tons.....what more could you ask for? Nothing.

I apologize to all the other awesome things that happened lately that I forgot to mention. This has been a sweet time lately. I have felt closer to the Lord these past few weeks than usual. I have been reading Zeph. 3:17 a lot, which says, "The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.". I spend a lot of time singing. It is fun to think about God singing over me and rejoicing.

I have been blown away lately at how much fun my life is. Dig it.

2 comments:

The Madden said...

Also awesome:

http://stufffchristianslike.blogspot.com/2008/05/228-niv-vs-kjv-vs-esv-bible-wars-told.html

Unknown said...

what!? we made your blog? i think this is one of the greatest things that has happened to us so far. seriously!! and they are called "tickle bees"...I think honey bees make honey. see ya at Upward!