Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hooray For My Bed

So it's been a while since I have posted and that is because I have slept in my bed a grand total of 4 nights in the past four weeks (I just made all those numbers up because I didn't feel like actually thinking). Since the last post I have been to Litchfield, Charleston, Columbia, Atlanta, Columbia again, Atlanta again, and Columbia a third time.

What have I been doing you ask? I decided to actually go see all the friends that I have been saying I want to see for the past 5 years and it has been glorious. I have slept in many guest bedrooms, beach houses, floors, and my car (while driving...don't worry I have cruise control so I still made good time). Shag and I finished our EP as well and we came up with a band name - VerseChorusVerse. I like it.

On my travels I figured out some stuff. I can't really think of anything but I am sure it was pretty profound. I think I was going through a midlife crisis before I put 4,000 miles on the Polar Bear (97 Tahoe....hott). I think I needed a break from Spartanburg...I needed to rest. I needed to actually pray and sing...for fun, not b/c i was "supposed" to. And I did. I have hung out with some wise older business men, some very dear friends, my family, some strange bums on the street, my college roommates (who are still awesome), guys who I know that lead worship, friends from an old camp where i worked one summer...and lots more and I realized that God has surrounded me with some awesome people.

I am so covered in the grace of God and His favor that it is impossible to miss. I have the world's best job. I would not be happy doing anything else. I love people and I love music and I am learning how to love God better. This has been a neat but strange season. I am experiencing a new kind of tired. I have 2 more long trips planned where I'll be leading worship then I am taking some time off. Or I will drive to Chicago to see Tim and Bonnie.....then I will rest.

I look forward to handing out the EP this fall, hopefully playing lots of music, writing more, and hanging out at United on Tuesday nights. I am thanking God for this city, for Hope Point, for His Favor, and for choosing me specifically to do exactly what I am doing - leading people to the Cross of Christ through conversations, laughter, and music.

I am learning to be quiet and rest in the Lord, knowing that He has a plan for me, and it has been great.

3 comments:

The Reads said...

josh! awesome post. thanks for sharing your heart! seriously, "Anywhere You Lead Me I'll Go"...FAVORITE song right now. It's so amazinG!! your pal, deb read

BeccaVZ said...

Hhmm... I notice that suspiciously, your visit(s)...(yes...PLURAL in fact) to Columbia didn't include a shout out to Becca. Hhmm... well. I guess I'm invisible.

The Madden said...

Hey are you ever going to post again. I feel like you've been dstracted lately.