Friday, August 22, 2008

Great Idea

You know that terrible show American Idol....the one that is responsible for unleashing sloppy, untalented turds like Ruben Studdord, Jordin Sparks, and Taylor Hicks on the world of rock and roll? They are chewed up and spit out by the industry never to be heard from again. No Grammy, no awards....nothing. That's no fun. But it's not their fault - how can they expect to compete against giants like U2, Jimmy Eat World, or the 2002 USC FCA Praise band? They can't. It's an unrealistic goal. But I have an idea that is gold:

Using the same idea/guidelines, I want to start Olympic Idol. Get a lot of worthless fatsos with no work ethic to go through some sort of pointless competition and the winner will have the chance to compete in the Decathlon with the real athletes. Could you imagine that? Someone like that relative we all have - bald, fat, lazy - doing the high jump, 110 hurdles and pole vault against Dan O'Brien or Bryan Clay? It'd be awesome. He'd be drinking Dr Pepper and eating Chicken Nuggets between events. Plus he'd be wearing overalls, boots, and a baseball cap. Everyone would love that.

And, the best part, just like with Kelly Clarkson or Carrie Underwood, they might actually win a few events. Ummm, no they wouldn't. Nevermind. Could you imagine how hard that person would get destroyed by real Olympic athletes? It would be amazing. I would especially love the high jump....with his wallet and keys in his pockets plus a Chick Fil A biscuit in his hand. This would really boost ratings.

I'm going to call NBC...I might have something here.

3 comments:

The Madden said...

That reminds me of the guy that always plays basketball right after work and "forgets" to pack his tennis shoes. So instead he plays in either work boots or loafers. I think it's safe to say that they can skip the workout that day.




Also I think I'm the only one that reads this. You need to do some advertising.

Robby said...

nope, 2 readers. I think I'd trip the real athletes just to make a big scene. Then me and some skinny guy from another country could throw up the dukes and I would destroy him, American-style.

hope*ever said...

it just made my life that the 2002 USC FCA praise band was put in the same category as U2 and jimmy eat world.