Friday, August 22, 2008

Things I Have Learned On Vacation

1. Tattoos look terrible when you are 65+

2. Harlan, my 2 year old nephew would rather play with a broken vacuum cleaner than go to the beach or play in the pool.

3. Putting ice in a cup is much louder when there is a 3 month old taking a nap (as is talking, walking, chewing, breathing....you are pretty much going to get "the look" for doing absolutely anything when the baby is asleep).

4. My parents are the weirdest/awesome-est people ever. As soon as I take off a dirty article of clothing - before it hits the ground - Ron slides in my room, grabs the clothes, gives them to Freida who washes and folds them and returns them to my room before I have had time to put any new clothes on. I think they are super heros. Their power is cleanliness. You should see the house, golf cars, front porch....pristine. I am seriously going home with a suit case full on clean clothing.

5. Going to the pool with my sister has been the highlight of my week. It is our post lunch ritual where we reminisce about the good ol days and people watch.....2 of my favorite things to do.

6. I had no idea but when the kids go to bed it is party time. It seriously is like a TV show....when the door closes, we all look around with excitement; someone runs to the kitchen and grabs the cookies, M&Ms, chips, and Coke - then we turn on the TV and hang out till about 1 am. Who knew parents everywhere are anxiously counting down the hours till their kids go to sleep? It's awesome.

No comments: