Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Nerdiest Workout Ever

As everyone knows I am the laziest person on earth when it comes to working out. I work out only to hang out with friends and tell jokes; I hate when it's my turn to lift an actual weight. In a given hour at the gym I'd say I am working out for about 6 minutes. Gold's Gym really saw me coming.

So I had the excellent idea last year to buy a bench press, some dumbells, and tons of extra weight. I actually was working out pretty regularly then I tore my shoulder, pulled a muscle in my left leg, and injured my lower back, which I had to have surgery on. Awesome.

After physical therapy, CT scans, MRIs, and surgery I decided to never work out ever again. It wasn't a hard decision....you should try it - when you have the urge to be active just pop in a movie and get some Doritos. It was all fun and games till I could feel my stomach touching my legs when I sat down. I had hit rock bottom.

Then my good friend Burkhead recommended a workout called P90X. I have always lifted free weights: this is a workout video. When I hear "workout video" I think Richard Simmons or Billy Blanks which makes me giggle. No way I'll ever be sweating to the oldies.

But I tried it and it killed me. It is the nerdiest thing I have ever done. I hate when people walk in b/c they laugh their heads off (which they should). It is so cheesy. But everyone who does it is sore for about 3 years afterwards. The workout is 7 days of different workouts. Each day is about an hour and a half, it uses very light weight, there are no breaks, and I cry a little every time I do it. It is rouuuuuuuuuuugh. But it is super nerdy. The trainer guy will get on your nerves big time (unless you like arrogant jerks who talk about themselves all the time).

So if you are fat and want to lose weight while getting made fun of by all your friends, I recommend P90X.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ridings I had heard your blog was funny but holy crap I just laughed so hard i peed a little. great stuff keep up with the P90x stuff nerd sandwich. Bill

The Madden said...

You're not really that funny. But Jen is talking about getting this video series. Does it come in VHS?

tlphillipsjr said...

Remember when we used to drive everyone in Gold's insane by screaming all the time and laughing in there?