Friday, November 14, 2008

Not A Sport

I hate when I watch the top ten plays on SportsCenter and things like soccer, hockey,  NBA basketball or any women's sport is featured in the list.  They aren't sports.  A sport has to be something where you aren't sitting the entire time, can't chew tobacco or smoke while playing said sport, and most important - your "sport" has to be fun to watch which is why when soccer, hockey, NBA basketball, Nascar, Poker Tournaments, or Bowling comes on I am changing the channel.  

I would rather watch commercials than watch that garbage.  Now that baseball is over (granted you can chew tobacco while playing baseball...it's still a sport b/c it's awesome and fun to watch and b/c I said so) and it's NBA time, i'm a little sad to watch SportsCenter.  I may even change it to Everybody Loves Raymond (the show you can only like if you are 1 of these 3):

A Nerd
Married
Old

If you are 2 of those 3 then you pay extra for the Nascar channel and you love Hot Pockets.  If you are 3 of those 3 then you are named Ron Ridings and you have never watched a sporting event (or TV altogether) ever.  (except your son's football games at Boiling Springs which doesn't make the list as an actual sport b/c we lost by an average of 65 every week).  

Don't get me started on girl sports....just look at ticket sales, airtime, and merchandizing.  Give up.  

That is all.   

2 comments:

The Madden said...

Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's not a sport. The world doesn't revolve around you Josh Ridings. What's that? You say it does? Really? Well I never knew that. The world revolves around Josh Ridings. Who knew? Should I get you a world revolving related Christmas present? Like raincoat or a telescope.

tracEy said...

I deeply apologize for the 8 year old that may or may not have nailed your shin with skates. While she did not belong to me, she was invited by one with me.

That said, you offended some girls in the 8 year old community Josh. How could you?! I won't allow 8 year olds to read or hear about your blog anymore okay?