Sunday, November 23, 2008

Speciest

You know what I am tired of?  When you describe someone as "white" or black" and people make you feel like a racist.  You know?  This weekend I was at a party of all white people and my good friend Rachel came.  She's Malaysian.  I was talking about how awesome she is after she left and someone asked which one she was and I said, "the only not white one", to which I got a look that said "you are a grand dragon".  

My favorite sentence of all time is "I don't see color".  Well, I take it a step further....I dont see species.  From now on I am going to say things like, "Oh Rachel...she's human??...she could've been a sheep dog or a dolphin and I wouldn't have noticed...I don't see species.  You speciest.  

So when describing someone this is how my conversations are going to go:

Person:  "What's your friend Dodd like"
Me:  "Well, he rules.  Maybe you should date him"
Person:  "Cool, what's he look like"
Me:  "I don't see species.  He could be a giraffe or a hedge hog....who really knows?  He is just a beautiful mammal at heart and that's all that matters.  


And I am going to make people (I mean...mammals) feel really bad when they show signs of specism.  I guarantee trendy white mammals will pick this up and run with it because they are the most insecure type of species with mammary glands on the planet.  

4 comments:

The Madden said...

I totally agree. I've been saying this for years. If you haven't met someone then the only way to point them out to others would be their most obvious physical trait. If a guy with one arm and one leg hobbled into your party then that would be the most obvious and quickest way to point them out to someone that didn't meet this person. You have once again come up with a wonderful idea.

Rachel said...

As long as I'm your favorite Asian! btw, i'm super excited my name's on your blog! wheee! and sorry my phone conversations with Stuart are strange...not akward though...

Eunice Sneezefarts, J.D. said...

Is he polite? If he's polite invite him in.

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha, that is hilarious!