Thursday, November 20, 2008

Whoops and Ouch

So I really made some people mad with the sports post I had recently....and I paid dearly for it.  I stated things that aren't sports (ice skating, nascar, basketball, soccer, etc) and things that are sports (anything that I like) but I forgot one crucial fact - your opinions may cause you to get kicked in the shins.  

I was roller skating last night when I was approached by 2 very very scary 8 year old girls who play soccer.  One of them proceeded to hit me then kick me in the shins with roller skates!!  Have you ever been kicked in the shins by roller skates??  They have a huge hunk of metal in the front of them...a rather blunt object...good for kicking 27 year old men and bringing a little tear to his eye.  

Can you imagine that?? Please take a minute to play that scene in your head.  I got kicked in the shin by an 8 year old girl.  I wanted to cry.  And there is absolutely no retaliating that can be done...It was the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me.  




4 comments:

Erin/Эркинай said...

You said some of my faves aren't sports. But since I'm not 8, and don't have roller skates, I'll simply choose to forgive you. That's what Jesus would do.

M said...

So, having now visualized that scenario, and finished laughing, I would like to thank you for sharing!! AMAZING!!!

Crystal Whalerider said...

I have been silent for far too long. And for my first post, I will say that Madden is probably the most hilarious poster on this blog. To him I say kudos.

Anonymous said...

Being the father of one of the crazy 8 year olds, I can't decide whether I should apologize to you or go hug both of them. I'm glad that mine was not the one that actually kicked you though...