Tuesday, March 10, 2009

1989: Outstanding Achievement in Hairstyling for a Series

I've worked all afternoon on the set list for United, a student led ministry at Wofford college that is radical.  It has been an awesome time of worship the past three weeks - lots of people singing very very loud (loudy?  who knows) to a God they love.  It has been cool.  

I feel like an athlete right before a game...i am ready to go...sitting here is driving me bonkers.  The funny thing is it starts at 9:15.  That's pm.  We get done @ 10:30 or 11.  Silly college kids.  I have to be up at 5:45 to get the kids ready for school, wait a minute I dont have any kids.  Anyway, I am an old man.  I am posing as a cool college person but you can't fake it.  When I reference Vanilla Ice songs and scenes from Quantum Leap they know I am not hip.  (did anybody watch Quantum Leap?  Best show EVER).  

Anyway, here is some news:  I am shopping around for a producer to work with on a worship CD.  I just got an email from a big time guy in Nashville saying no and I am fine with that.  I wished he would've said yes but I know that God is going to work out ever single detail of this process.....for me to get sad or mad would be silly.  All I want to do is get out of the way and let God move.  I feel a strong call on my life to lead worship and I think the songs we have written are great.  All we need is a producer who sees potential in us and isn't afraid to work with some nerds from Spartanburg (not exactly the Mecca of music).  

So, when you pray, please pray for me and my friends in the band to listen to God.  Pray that we will move when God wants to move.  Not a second before or after.  And if every single door is closed then we will now that now is not the time.  But we will not stop until we have done everything humanly possible to record an album.

Also - if you know anyone in Nashville or you yourself happen to be a producer of worship music, please let me know.  I am kinda excited about seeing what God is going to do.  

 

2 comments:

Erin/Эркинай said...

Can't help you with the Nashville part, but I totally remember Quantum Leap, and I'm a college kid. lol.

amanda thompson said...

Hey Josh! On the producer front, you may want to try Jason Hoard. He is out of Atlanta and he produced our worship leader Lee McDerment's latest album. He is also currently working on the Elevation Church worship team's album. He is pretty sharp and an all around nice guy.