Thursday, March 5, 2009

Seriously?

I am watching U2 on Letterman right now, as I did last night, and I have one question....Are they joking?  You know what I think they are doing?  I think they wrote these songs in about 10 minutes as a joke to see if we'd fall for it.  And guess what, we ARE falling for it.  

Bono said, "hey, Edge, I'm bored...let's do something.  Should we go to Wal-Mart?  No, no...let's write a joke album and market it like crazy and see if people will be brainwashed like on that last terrible album we put out."  

The Edge:  "Sure.  I can put the reverby janglys on everything, you wear a scarf, those other 2 guys in the band will do nothing and we'll get a road named after us in New York."

In other news about ugly, dumb things that people are falling for all over the world - I was at Wofford today and saw 300 pairs of Uggs boots in about 11 seconds.  They are the stupidest shoes ever.  They are ugly and if you wear them you look like you belong in a mental institution.  But I don't blame you....you are just a victim of great marketing.  

If this was U2's first album or if you saw a pair of Uggs at K-mart they'd be in the same category as the hamburger, fries, 2 taco combo at Jack In The Box (yuck! and weird!).  U2 would be opening for Sawyer Brown and Uggs would be given away at local homeless shelters.  Terrible.  

3 comments:

The Madden said...

They make Uggs for guys now. If you wear them I will beat you up. No court in America would convict me.

Anonymous said...

I just read 4 of your blogs and I was in heaven! I hadn't checked your blog in a couple of days then, BAM, FOUR entries! It was awesome. Keep them coming.
Christy

amarismarie said...

barf