Thursday, March 5, 2009

You Never Know the Demographic

There is a weird phenomenon currently occurring.  Two phenomenons to be exact.  

1.  My band has a huge toddler following.  Seriously.  Everywhere I go I hear "my little Jeffy only asks for Mr Josh everytime we're in the car".  I am not kidding.  This happens tons.  My 2 year old nephew goes crazy if my Cd isn't playing every single second.  It's going to be super weird if we play at the Bi-Lo Center one day and I look out to a sea of 20,000 toddlers.  Can you imagine?

2.  My blog is read only by Moms.  No ones else reads this except 25-35 year old moms.  How random is that?  Moms love my blog.  Girls I don't even know come up to me and talk about the blog and just as I'm about to ask said girl what her sign is I look behind her and see 2 kids sitting in a stroller wearing "josh ridings" t-shirts and singing "I Cry Out".  


5 comments:

bookgirlinsc said...

Hey Friend,
I think I may be posting this comment twice. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that Mom's going on 38-years old are reading your blogs too. Where else can we get a good laugh?!? My all-time favorite was the one about your Application for a Girlfriend. PRICELESS! Take care. Jill B.

The Madden said...

This is so true. I was reading a Dr. Seuss book to my 4 year old the other day and he looked at me and said "Mommy, read it like Mr. Josh would." So I did my best. But you are one of a kind, Mr. Josh.

Josh Ridings said...

Is this THE Jill B?? Oh man, I am honored. Do you remember all the good times we had? No one partied like our corner!

Robby said...

Josh, I would try to disagree with you, but I can't. Our kids love Uncle Josh and your music. They don't have the t-shirts yet, but they need some.

Erin/Эркинай said...

Lol. I'm neither a mom nor a toddler, and I love your blog and music... Lol. I win! :)

But seriously, you're never cooler than when toddlers love you. It's true.