Sunday, July 12, 2009

Yay Columbia!

I don't have words to describe how rad Hope Point was this morning. The music was so much fun and Richard (the Rev Doctor Smith) has been rocking me lately. We had our friends Shawn and Sharon sing with us and they've got soul. Real soul. Man, it was awesome. Nothing flashy, just the Spirit of the Lord filling up that gym...it was great. I'm still amazed that God chooses to use me like He does.

I've been getting ready to record with my band in Columbia for the last few months and we leave tonight! We start with Kenny McWilliams in the morning. I caaaaaaaaaaaan't wait. I've been like a child waiting on Christmas morning. I am super excited.

We have 12 original worship songs that we hope to complete in the next 3 weeks. We're staying with the 2 coolest families in the world - Andrew and Flo Eckstrom and Robby and Emily Woodard. It shall be the biggest party since 2002. They are opening up their houses to us for 3 weeks! Isn't that ridiculous. They are way too nice. So, if you live in Columbia and you love to party, let's hang out. We should be free in the late evenings. If you are a huge nerd and love Phase 10 or Dancing With the Stars boy are you in luck.

I think this album is going to be great for our church and for our city. I want to lead worship 5 times a day in Spartanburg. I want to see people experience the Spirit in a real way like I saw at church this morning. It's a beautiful thing.

So, we're going to update the blog rather frequently with videos and stories and maybe some clips of new songs. Please keep up with us (and pray for us tons), it should be fun!

No comments: