Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Hump Day?

I love Wednesdays. Mostly because I'm still on a high from United which is every Tuesday night but also b/c I lead worship at Upward every Wednesday morning at 8 am. I love Upward. If 2004 Josh could have read this blog he would be so confused. You see, I used to work at Upward and it just didn't work. I was in a cubicle, answering phones, and it was not for me. I started working January of 04 (at 175 lbs) and I left 50 lbs later (May 05). I am sure I was terrible to work with...when I try to do something that I'm not good at it isn't pretty. I complain, I cry, and mostly I lay on the floor in the fetal position asking for my Mom.

But the people there are great, which is evident. They helped me do my job better and they understood that sitting in a cubicle probably wasn't for me. Looking back I had so much fun there. I still hang out with Upward folks all the time....they have some of the best employees around. That's why I think God has a sense of humor. I complained all the time when I worked there (because I am a baby) so God gave me a pacifier in the form of a kick in the pants and now I love it. I was sick last week and couldn't be there and I missed it big time.

Changing the subject, my sister read the last post about old people and had some complaints. She was mostly upset that I posted on October 6th, her birthday, and didn't mention her....ummmm, happy late birthday, Heather. She also said the post was mean. So please know it isn't old people I was mad at....I dislike tour groups of all ages. They are annoying. They're super nerdy, also, usually because they're from Ohio (what's the deal with Ohioans and traveling??). So anytime I see a big traveling group I usually make fun of them...in love of course.

Last but not least, Laura Story is leading worship at Hope Point this week. I am pretty giddy about this. I respect her big time. She asked me to maybe sing or play acoustic with her...which is completely ridiculous. I am pumped. So please come. It going to be hot. I hope you have a lovely Wednesday.

2 comments:

The Madden said...

Do you respect her like you respect someone who has accomplished a lot in their lives and you would like to emulate them or do you respect her like how black people do it?

Unknown said...

Ummmm. how bout a shout out to Chicken Finger Wednesday. The only thing that gets me thru the week. haha.

Hub