Tuesday, October 21, 2008

William Lowell Harritt pt 3

For those of you who dont know, Bill "Thicks" Harritt is the man. Is calling him "Thicks" mean? I don't know, I've never really thought about it till I saw it in writing just now. Anyway we went to the University together and had a class together freshman year. It was speech class, the one class that Bill and I were made for. After each speech all the students had to grade their peers and write a little comment about the speech. When Bill finished his speech I wrote "you are hot...how about you call me some time...wink". And he called me. It was BFF at first sight.

William is my clone. We are the same person. I love when he is home and visits me. If someone would have told us freshman year that we'd both be working for churches 9 years later we would've laughed really hard and loud. But, alas, here we are loving our jobs.

The final edition of the Bill Harritt visit was last night - we drove to Greenville to meet a "girl" who Bill claimed to know for supper. Of course we stopped for Duchess Honey Buns on the way...duh. Nothing cleanses the pallet like a ball of sugary dough. Funny, Bill's "friend" never showed up....."she" had a flat tire or the flu or got lost or something.

Just kidding. Brooke is the girl version of Bill..in dress only. I knew it was her when we drove up b/c she was wearing a mountain hadware jacket, flip flops, and a pink polo - Bill's favorite outfit (Bill's 2nd favorite outfit - Tri Delta t-shirt, super short shorts, and a pair of new balances....those are the only 2 outfits you will see Bill in....unless it is the morning before a Gamecock football game when he does his ritual dance around the house in his long johns....he is a weirdo).

We had big plans to wake up this morning early and grab coffee before he headed back to Alabama but he woke me up at 10 and said goodbye. Goodbye Bill, may your raspy yawn yell ring out in the ears of many, and may your future always be filled with the Duchess.

1 comment:

The Madden said...

My ears just stopped ringing from his loudness from this past weekend.