Friday, October 3, 2008

MMORPG

If anyone already knows what a MMORPG is then you may need to go outside and play. How do I know about massively multiplayer online role playing games you ask?? Let me tell you.

I spent the nicest, most relaxing weekend at Windy Gap in Asheville, NC. I was the worship leader/adult leader for a High School's senior retreat. The kids were radical, the weather was awesome, and the food was free and delicious. We spent all day playing in the lake, hiking, doing the high ropes course, and just hanging out. It was great - no cell phones, no emails, just enjoying the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains.

On the next to last day I was sitting in the cabin and a guy sat down beside me and said, "man, I can't wait to go home." Thinking something was wrong I asked what was up. His reply: "I miss my computer." I laughed thinking he was joking. He was not.

What in the world has happened to cause high school seniors to overlook the beauty of God's creation and think about how much they miss World of Warcraft? It's ridiculous. I'm scared to have kids, seriously.

1 comment:

Erin/Эркинай said...

Unfortunately, this is the world we live in... A world where fantasy worlds are so important that the real world is nearly forgotten, and completely discounted for the beauty it really has.

Wow. That's just sad. :(

I will never let my children use the internet. lol.