Wednesday, July 15, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance? Seriously Robby?

I am pretty excited about figuring out videos and imovie...I'm only about 10 years behind (i can thank Ron and Frieda for that). If you told Ron you'd give him $1,000 if he could turn on a computer you would lose no money.

Recording is going great. I over-think and worry about everything, so, of course, I was worried about tracking with Kenny....what if he doesn't get our sound...what if we cant get the exact sound we want....what if something goes wrong....what if i lose both of my hands in a freak gasoline accident?? Buuuuuuuuut, it is Wednesday night and we are about a week ahead of schedule. Not only have we KILLED it, we have done some super creative stuff. I dont think things could be going better.

Also Emily and Robby's kids are awesome. They love us. We played animal hospital this morning before I had to leave, the waved out the window as we left, they were waiting at the window when we got home, they played drums and sang along to our older CD when we walked in, we played basketball in Archie's room, then they helped me change my guitar strings. Man, kids are hilarious! This just goes to show that toddlers love us.

This has been a great break from the norm. I love, love, love, love Spartanburg - i really do - but it has been great to be in Columbia. I am loving it. I think the record is going to be ridiculous. Hopefully it'll be in your hands in September.

6 comments:

Flossie Quackenbush said...

#1. Why do you have only Dad in the pic? Was Mom left at home alone that day??

#2. Spelling your mom's name correcty is not optional. (e before i.)

#3. Maybe Ron can't turn on a computer, but you should see him work on a Kabota!! How many computers give that kind of satisfaction?

#4. Who knows, maybe young Woodard's and young Couch's will meet up in the future, form a rad band and get Pinky to accompany them on the road!

Robby said...

In response to #4, that band would be awesome!

Pinky said...

I'm down.

Erin/Эркинай said...

Don't lose your hands... or life... in a freak gasoline fighting incident!

Nic said...

Hey, Remember that Ron and Freida wouldn't buy cable...ever. And we never wanted to go to your house because we could only watch Channels 4, 7 and sometimes 21.

I wonder if Ron and Freida know how devastating that was to our lives back then...

Flossie Quackenbush said...

Nic-just an outside observation-you seem to have turned out OK. One can only imagine the outcome had Ron & Freida provided cable.