Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Please don't mess with the Zohan.

So Adam Sandler came out with a new movie over the weekend called You Just Don't Mess With the Zohan. I need to begin by telling you that I am a huge Sandler fan. I watch Big Daddy, Happy Gilmore, Anger Management, and Billy Madison almost weekly to see if anything changes. Nothing changes; the same stuff always happens. He is a genius of hilarity and I love him but lately he has missed big time. He's been on a romantic comedy kick for a while and they haven't been good. It was soooooooooo good (teen girl squad....you need to watch it) to see Sandler getting back to his roots and making a stupid, pointless comedy.

After seeing the previews the first time I was sold. When he holds that guy by the pinky then kicks him with his feet...that was awesome. So I did something I rarely do and went to the theater tonight to see it. I never go to the movies. Then I did something I NEVER do: I walked out of the movie midway through. I think Sandler has officially forgotten how to make a good movie. It hurts to say that. It's like watching a powerful empire fall. It's never pretty. But this movie is beyond bad.

There are different kinds of dumb. There's Ace Ventura Dumb and there is Designing Women dumb. There's Anchorman dumb and there is talking-trash-during-a-church-softball-game dumb. Please Don't Mess With the Zohan reminds me of talking trash about Designing Women during a softball game. It is terrible. I asked for my money back and they wouldn't do it. So what can you do after you just wasted $7.25 (the guy thought I was in high school.....yay to no beard!)? Go to Waffle House and get some waffles and chocolate milk, duh. It was glorious.

But I don't want to end this post on a bad note....I mean, definitely don't go see the movie....instead pop in a Sandler classic and watch it for free in the comfort of your own home. Speaking of Sandler classics, what is your favorite Sandler movie and what is your favorite part? The penguin, the poo stomping, the "laying by the bay and making things out of clay", the yelling at golf balls to "go to their home", the I Feel Pretty song, the anger sharks, Steve Buscemi, the echo rooms, the ridiculous songs, Julia Gulia, the Odouls, Fooseball being the devil, the "you can do it", the smelly kid, the 30 packets of ketchup......I could go on forever. He may be done in the movie making biz but he sure has changed my life for the better. But please, dont mess with going to see the Zohan.

3 comments:

Collins said...

Billy Madison dodgeball scene..."Now you're all in big, big trouble!!!"

Erin/Эркинай said...

Big Daddy, "I learned that Styx was the greatest band in American history..."

BeccaVZ said...

Best part of any Sandler movie:

"Who eats 40 bag lunches?"

"I'll tell you who it was. It was that d**n sasquatch..."

Best part.