Sunday, June 1, 2008

Forrest Gump You're Killing Me

So I have to be at Hope Point in about 6 hours and I can't fall asleep. Probably b/c I have been going to bed later and later and now 2 am feels like 8 pm. I am going to be a zombie in the morning. Also, I just watched Forrest Gump and I am a little sad that he can run that far without ever getting tired. Plus he met 3 presidents, saved some people's lives, owned a million dollar business, played college football and got the girl of his dreams....sort of. I used some really neat soap that makes my skin smell like tea. That's about all I've done.

Today we practiced a new song we're doing tomorrow at church; The Hand That Holds The World by Starfield. It was a really good practice. Our drummer is in Charleston this weekend so we have Matt Lyda playing with us. He did great plus a new musician is like wearing a brand new silk shirt for the first time in Junior High. Just exciting. Until you stand too close to the water fountain and get permanent water stains on it. Man, I hope that doesn't happen tomorrow. Matt's the man.

I must do three things better: eat less trash, work out, and spend more time with Jesus. Why in the world are those things so hard? This week has been sweet with the birth of my new niece Katie Hays, but I have not done those three things well at all. I have no excuses. I am tired of being a slob. It's time. I need some goals. But before I make any goals, I am going to eat some doughnuts and go to sleep. See ya.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

seriously, this is the greatest blog ever. i hear you're hanging with the Upward interns down to Cola and then interveiwing someone from somewhere I can't spell...what is your life, josh ridings. it is like no one else's!!!