Monday, April 6, 2009

Church Yesterday

Yesterday was one of the coolest/most worshipful moments I have ever experienced. During the last song at church Richard invited everyone to pray for social justice for the oppressed and for families in America who are barely getting by and 3/4 of the church came down and began to pray. It was really neat to be on the stage and see everyone singing and praying.

When the song was finished I was still wrapped up in worship (as i think everyone else was) so we started singing another song. The band picked right up with it (even though half of the members have never even heard the song.....it was pretty incredible). Then I went into Mighty to Save and it was as if it was rehearsed. The band was rad. We built it up then sang the bridge for a while...."Shine you light and let the whole world see/We're singing for the glory of the risen King, Jesus".

Anywho, you know those rare times when you can feel the Spirit of God amongst you and it's real? This was one of those times. It was huge. I am still on a high from yesterday. I can't believe God uses me to lead His people to worship Him. All I want to do is beg God for holiness and purity and watch Him move like that again.

2 comments:

Flossie Quackenbush said...

Indescribable. Someone should write a song by that name.

Erin/Эркинай said...

It was incredible!