Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Thanks Freida & Ron

I realized just now that I have no clue how to mail anything. 

My TOMS came in and they are waaaaaay too small (order true to size my bottom) so I went to the Post Office to return them.  I had the box, address, etc, and I went to the front desk and said "hey, I want to mail this".  Of course, the box wasn't taped and I hadn't written the address on it yet but I wanted to make sure I did it right.  

The dude behind the counter was no help.  There are about 700 labels and different ways you can mail a box.  Apparently he didn't understand what "cheapest" meant.  He kept talking some secret Post Office language and I was speaking english which he didn't understand.  

I asked for some tape and he said it was $3.30 a roll.  I said "no, I just want a little...I want a little free tape".  He went on some rant about how this was a business so I told him I was taking my business elsewhere.  Who on earth charges for tape?  

Then it hit me...call Mom (she was off...she runs the PO downtown, duh) and get a favor.  So I turned around and went to the back where 2 of the nicest ladies on earth taped, addressed, stamped, metered, weighed, and mailed my TOMS to California for me.  That made me glad.

With more good news, I got my Tahoe back from the shop today and it looks brand new.  Ron's crazy friend Buster Mills came through big time.  

3 comments:

Erin/Эркинай said...

Your parents sound like basically the coolest people ever.

Josh Ridings said...

duh

Erin/Эркинай said...

Haha... I'm glad you got the coolest people ever for parents... I think having ridiculous cool parents like yours is what made you ridiculous and cool. Haha.