Saturday, April 18, 2009

Today Was A Great Day

This morning started off rad. I awoke around 7:30 and made my way to Boiling Springs. There is nothing like being awake and driving around at 7:30 am on a Saturday. You can swerve around in all the lanes b/c no one is out yet. Not even the cops. It's awesome.

I was gonna borrow a trailer from Ron and then borrow a lawn mower from Dirty Arnold (I own nothing....I am the king of borrowing/lending/trading).

I enjoyed a delicious cup of coffee with Freida after her morning walk then loaded up the trailer and hit the road. Here is approximately the time the day got a little not-so-rad. As I was getting on the interstate the trailer popped of the hitch and started punishing my car. It was freaking out, I was freaking out, the lady driving behind me was freaking out....it was bad.

I finally stopped the chaos...do you know how scary it is when a trailer pops off the hitch?? You always hear about it but never do you get the pleasure of experiencing it. Yikes. I got out to check the damage....the 97 Tahoe got her first scratch today. We had a flawless run, I guess it was time. But man, I sure made up for the past 12 years of splendor. The backs doors are destroyed....they will not open.

The weird thing is (I guess I was just too scared) I didn't flip out. I was super happy that one of the chains stayed connected and the trailer didnt fly off and kill someone. It could have been much, much worse. And I think I can fix the doors ("I can fix" translates to "pay a smart person to fix it for me"). Even when not-so-rad stuff happens God is still protecting me. If a messed up Tahoe is the worst thing to happen to me today then I am doing pretty good.

The rest of the day was awesome.

Today was a great day.

1 comment:

The Madden said...

When I was in high school I had spent a weekend with my youth group in McCormick at the lake. We were leaving and I was pulling my grandaddy's pontoon boat behind my Blazer. Heading out of the state park I stopped at a stop sign then made a left. The right wheel of the trailer caught the shoulder of the road and the pontoon flipped off the trailer into the ditch. I saw it all happen in my rear view mirror. It was the craziest thing I've ever seen. So we got about 10 guys on the side of the boat and flipped it back on the trailer. Turns out there was a leak in the right pontoon because my grandaddy drained about 200 gallons of water out of it. It was totalled.