Saturday, April 18, 2009

Josh Ridings LLC

Goodness me, I have had a crazy two weeks. So we're starting this Josh Ridings Band thingy and it has been work. Let me tell you it is super fun but exhausting. I have sat through meetings, worked on t-shirts, talked to designers, had some photo shoots (dont make fun of me), driven about 1000 miles around the upstate, talked to producers, cried myself to sleep, skipped tons of meals, worked on contracts, tried to write some new songs...I need to take a nap just thinking about it.

I am becoming narcaleptic. I fell asleep on Easter Sunday at my parents house on their cement driveway while attempting to play with my nephew. I was woken by Harlan screaming "wake up uncle josh!!!!" at the top of his little lungs about 2 inches from my ear. It was awesome.

But I think a lot of the work is over for the time being. We have ordered business cards, fliers, band photos, postcards, info sheets, stickers, press kits, and t shirts. It's on. One thing that is awesome is that I am actually using my marketing/management major. I love businesss. This has been very fun.

Some news: We decided to not go to Nashville this summer to record. We were about one second away from saying yes and it just didn't feel right. So we're back to looking for a producer or studio...we want to do it for very cheap or free (if you are laughing you should stop....it WILL happen). Actually who knows. I don't want to get in debt and I don't want to move too fast....things have happened pretty naturally for us so far and we want to keep the ball rolling gradually. So, if you know a small time (but awesome) studio in Charlotte/Greenville/Columbia let me know.

We still have the same goals (rock lots) we just are going to do a local album and try to get in the "scene" around here.

So, if you want to rock with us, we will be playing at the Channel in Greenville on May 1st at 8 and the Spring Fling in Spartanburg on May 3rd at 2 pm. Come out and sing with us.

We also will have shirts for sale. They are $12 and they are hot! All money will go towards our album so buy lots of them. Our EP will be for sale ($5) and we'll have some other free stuff at our table. It's been a hectic, up and down last few weeks but God has been strong. All we want to do is rely on the Lord....not our music or any of that garbage. If God wants this to happen, it will. Duh.

2 comments:

Erin/Эркинай said...

So my dream has finally come true? I can purchase a Josh Ridings Band T-shirt? YES! I'm psyched!

Jason R said...

I need a t-shirt, is there a pre-sale?? For a reasonable fee I'll change my name to "The Josh Ridings Band" to help with marketing. Also, if you are having trouble with lyrics, check out this blog post, its the "22 Essential Words for Writing Cheesy Christian Pop Songs"

http://twentytwowords.com/2009/04/19/22-essential-words-for-writing-cheesy-christian-pop-songs/