Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Sweatin To The Oldies

Yesterday I went to the gym and worked out for an hour and a half. Now, actually going to the gym is a huge accomplishment for me....working out for 1 1/2 hours is just getting ridiculous. As I was getting ready to leave my friend Matt came in and said "Hey, you coming to the Cardio Pump Fit Extreme Power Class with me?". I, of course, said no then he started making fun of me. So I went. We were the only men in there and also the only ones under 60 in the room.

Buuuuuuuut, those were some in-shape grandmas. It was another hour and a half of misery for me. No breaks, tons of moving, lifting, shouting, (crying)...it was super hard. I have never been so sweaty in my life. I thought I was going to pass out.

At the the end of the class the 65 year old lady behind me came up and said, "this class isn't for sissys". (Apparently she was refering to the point about 45 minutes in where I laid down on the floor and moaned).

Needless to say, it was rough. Those ladies are monsters. But everyone came up to me (not too hard to miss the new guy) and talked to me and encouraged me to come back. It was hilarious. I am now in the club.

Oh, and I am never going back

1 comment:

The Madden said...

3 words.....P 90 X.





I guess that's more like 2 letters and 1 number.