Saturday, April 4, 2009

Shake and Bake Uncle Josh

Let me tell you something....i hung out with my nephew yesterday and my sister should be up for the Noble Peace Prize or something like that. Don't get me wrong, my nephew is the man, but he's almost 3 and he loves to not listen and do the opposite of awesome.

I learned another snippet of info for you nonveterans: Chick-Fil-A playground = bad news. Good gracious, kids just disappear in there. There's a helicopter, slide, car, and tons of tubes to crawl through....seriously I didn't see Harlan for about 45 minutes. Real safe. When it was time to go I just yelled "hey Harlan, let's hit it homey". Silence. Every other kid was completely still and quiet too (i forgot that adult voices scare the poo out of kids). I thought I was gonna have to climb in there after him but an older kid slid down the slide carrying him. That's when World War 3 broke out.

Apparently kids don't enjoy leaving playgrounds. Who knew? Have you ever tried to put shoes on a toddler who is super mad? Impossible. As we carried him out to the car every person in the restaurant stared at me with their judgmental eyes. I'm sure they know all the secrets of how to get a kid to politely walk to the car and buckle himself into his car seat. Or maybe the screaming just made them choke on their #1 combo.

Being an uncle is the best. I only party with Harlan. I give him candy, and play the guitar with him and hand him back to Heather...I don't have to discipline him (usually) and I'm never around for the hard parenting stuff. Whew, kids are hard. That's why I'm nominating Heather for the Mom of the Year Award. She really is ridiculous. I hung out with Harlan for about 12 hours (and I handed him to someone older when he was crying...hahaha) Heather is with him 24/7. I can't imagine that. So Heather, relax, you only have about 15 more years until you'll have some peace and quiet...unless you have more (which you will). So call me when you're 50 and we'll party.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

i can never get shoes on kids...whether they are screaming or not. it's a science.